2. Deiva-teishcha samâ-gamya drishtuma-bhyâgato ranam
upagamyâ-bravîdhâ mam-agastyo bhagavân-rishih:
the glorious sage Agastya, who had come with the devas to witness the battle, approaching S’rî Râm spoke thus:
3. Râma râma mahâbâho shrinu guhyam sanâtanam
yena sarvân arîn vatsa samare vijayishyasi
Râm, O mighty armed S’rî Râm, listen to the following eternal secret, by knowing which, my child, you will conquer all your enemies on the battle-field.
4. Âdtiya-hridayam punyam sarva shatru vinâs’anam
jayâvaham japam nityam akshayam paramam s’ivam
It is called Âditya Hridayam, which is holy, the destroyer enemies, the bestower of victory, eternal and supremely blessed. One should recite it.
5. Sarva mangala mangalyam sarva pâpa pranâs’anam
chintâ s’oka pras’amanam âyur-vardhana muttamam
It is the blessing of all blessings and the best means to destroy all sins, remove anxiety and grief and promote longevity.
6. Ras’mi-mantam samudyantam devâsura-namaskritam
puja-yasva viva-svantam bhâskaram bhuva-neshvaram
Worship the brilliant one (your Âtman), the ruler of the worlds, who is crowned with rays, who is greeted by devas and âsuras alike and who illumines (your spiritual life).
7. Sarva devâtmako heysha tejasvî ras’mi-bhâvanah:
esha devâsuraganân lokân pâti gabhastibhih:
Indeed your Âtman is the embodiment of all the devas, He is bright and He Creates and sustains the hosts of devas, âsuras and their world by His rays.